Back Paddock Mobile v3.1 out NOW!
For anyone that was waiting, your wait is over... The time to jump on board is NOW!
We've kept our ear to the ground and our heads down, knowing that your feedback would lead us in the right direction and we were not mistaken! With thanks for your input, we are proud to offer you our latest update for Back Paddock Mobile - custom measured, made and tailored to suit your needs!
We've all watched the Mobile App grow from its' Paddock-Recommendation-Only roots, and this latest update is the biggest leap so far. With updates and bug fixes for both Soil Health and Ag-Chemical Program, everyone should get a little something out of this.
Enough nostalgia- tell me what's new!
Well... okay then! Please read below for some more information on what we've pumped into this latest release. If any questions please don't hestitate to contact the Help Desk, otherwise, feel free to update today and ENJOY!
Features and Fixes - Soil Health
- Added ability to create a sample order without having to input a Purchase Order Number.
Can anyone say "left my PO on the desk again"? This new feature allows a user to be able to complete sample order details while collecting a sample and then adding Purchase Order Number when able. A Sample Order will be prevented from being synced until a PO number has been entered – A new icon has been added to the Organisation screen to list all orders that do not have a Purchase Order number.
- Change to prevent Sub Soil samples from being displayed in the Sample list.
Sub Soil samples will be displayed only when selecting Parent Barcode.
- Fixed Sample depth from and depth to from being optional.
Updated to match SoilMate desktop where sample depths are mandatory , this will prevent sample orders from being sync’d from CornerPost and losing critical sample depth data that is required to determine Parent Barcode and associate sub soil samples.
- Change to auto-populate the From depth of a profile sample based on the previous samples To depth
You've entered it once, we see no need to make you type it again. Your next sample in a paddock will automatically assume the 'from' depth of the previous 'to'. So if you've entered a 0-30, your next sample will pre-populate a starting depth of 30
- Fixed Paddock ID from being lost when adding sample orders from Organization screen
This was a bug that was identified when the 'new ordering system' was created for the Mobile App, that allowed users to add a barcode first (from the Organisation screen), then choose paddock later. The bug has now been fixed, taking us back to two great options for sample ordering
- Fixed Null Description in Sample Order being displayed as (null) after sync.
Description if left blank will now appear blank and not have the value Null displayed.
- Changed Description in Sample Order to be optional.
A Description can still be added but will no longer be required when creating Sample Orders.
- Fixed Sync: update is not pulled to mobile device consistently
On some devices the CornerPost retrieve showed inconsistencies, and not all information was being processed due to date/time stamp differences between the two platforms. This has been fixed
- Group names in picker list are now ordered by names
- Fixed barcode numbers from being used more than once.
A check has been added to prevent a barcode from being used more than once. This will prevent sample orders from being sync’d with duplicates.
- Fixed in iOS7: Transparent Slide-up picker
This one is really an aesthetics thing, but with the new iOS update came some new colours. Our Laboratory picker in particular was transparent, which made it very difficult to read. We have adapted our App to complement the new iOS version
- Added barcode reader functionality to soil health (iPhone only)
Super amazing! You can now use the camera on your iPhone to scan in the sample bag barcode, rather than typing. Simply touch the new icon to the right of the sample order detail screen, point your camera at the barcode and let it do the 'typing' for you
Features: Ag-Chemical Program
- Ability to adjust paddock area per application event
Only sprayed half the paddock this time around? You can now adjust the area sprayed not only at the Rec level, but now in the Application Event itself
- Add Arable Area to Paddock
Added ability to select Arable Area for each paddock, user can choose to display Total Area or Arable Area in a paddock picker
- Changes made to band spraying ability in recommendations
Alterations made to recommendation table to allow for better band spraying functionality
- Added Date Picker on Actuals recording
Date picker is required for each line in the Plan (seeding, fertilisers, sprays, operations)
- Diary: added ability to open camera roll on media screen
Allows a user to select a previously captured photo from camera roll on iOS to attach to a diary or observation
- Diary: add entry space for Comments
Added a button next to first chevron. When a user clicks the button, a full screen sized text input opens up allowing the user more lines of text
- Diary: Change the PDF file name
PDF file name will be changed from Diary.pdf to Trading Name + Paddock Names + Date.pdf, which is similar to the most commonly used format in Spray Recommendations. This will make it easier to identify amongst multiple diary reports
- Diary: Change to Sort & Filter screen
On Sort & Filter screen (for Diary), add two buttons. "Last 7 days" and "Last 30 days" to the Primary filter. Add a new section "Group by" and add a switch "Group by paddocks"
- Diary: Put paddock names above notes on Diary screen
Added paddock names to appear above diary notes, similar to the recommendations layout
- Input Summary: add Quick Sync and Back toolbar buttons
In line with the rest of the App, this will allow users to sync the current file quickly, and navigate back to log in screen with ease
- Input Summary: add Seed date picker
To allow the user to input seeding dates on the fly
- Link Pin on the Map to a Diary entry
It is now possible to drop a pin on the map, and link this to an observation. Great for sampling locations, bug infestations or water-logging events. Added a command Pin A Diary in the Command list of Map screen. When user drops a pin (purple) it pops up to the Diary screen with GPS coordinates located as per pin location. A Diary Pin can be allocated to an already created event, or a new diary event.
- Map: Add ability to "Show Area"
Added ability in Map > Settings > Label Settings to "Show Area" - the area for each Paddock will be displayed on the map
- Map: Remove fill colour from polygon layer in Satellite mode
For those using the Map to help navigate around new paddocks using the Locate Me function, the green paddock polygon did make it a little hard to see landmarks. The map interface now has the ability to show paddock boundary lines (on/off) in Satellite mode
- Re-Sync to fix a particular file regardless of timestamp
Added ability named "Re-sync and Fix File' to the main menu (cog wheel) below Show File Status. Prevents all files from appearing to be updated to Changes Available on BPAM desktop which happens when resetting Adviser timestamp for the entire mobile database
- SRW: add drop-down to water rate field that stores previously-used values
Added ability to add multiple options for Water Rate to Master Database, so a drop down can be used for water rates (in Mixes screen, on Rec in App)
- SRW: add option of the data source for Reason/Pest Stage Density
Add option to Spray Recommendation Wizard to let the user select the data source of Reason Pest Stage Density picker. Options are from Growth Stage Density (as current) or Crop Stages in Master Database
- SRW: add option to exclude Logo in PDF
For some users it is necessary, due to settings on their mail server, when using Text pdf to switch off images in PDF files to prevent them from breaking the pdf format when sending. Ability to switch off logo in settings > template settings > show logo
- SRW: add Total Water Volume to Spray Recs
Added "Volume (L)" beside "Water Rate (L/ha):xx" in the Spray Rec report. The calculation is "volume" = "total area" x "water rate"
- SRW: add Water Rate and Droplet Size to Portrait / Simple report
To cover legal requirements for Spray Recommendations
- SRW: add "Band Spraying" to Application method drop down
As requested by multiple users
- SRW: allow user to edit job number, advice type or remarks from subsequent mix screen
Added flexibility to modify these details once they have been entered
- SRW: each user-input field is an editable drop-down picklist and default to last-used
Function added to enable the user the ability to define local lists on fields they use over and over, in the spray rec grid-style format. Time saver!
- SRW: enable the user to sort the Reason/Pest list into (deemed) priority order
Added iOS 'grey bar' to Reason/Pest grid to enable the user to sort the Reason/Pest list into an appropriate priority order, in the same style as the products grid
- Add ability to attach multiple diary entries to a single email
Users now have the option to send multiple diary entries to the same client rather than selecting PDF numerous times, and sending multiple emails
Bug Fixes - Ag-Chemical Program
- "Joined" paddock polygons without a shared boundary do not select as a single paddock for the Rec
- Application Constrains don't populate after Plan/Actuals Mix is converted to Spray Recommendation
- Application: Memory leak on Add/Edit Mix Application Event screen
- Bind another registry key with Show Logo option
- ChemMix: Timing should be NULL by default
- Comments of Spray Recommendation is not pulled to Mobile
- DB: Record order is messed up after deletion
- Diary Config: "Create in the last number of days" accepts non-numeric inputs
- Diary Config: Sort option is not saved
- Diary: Toolbar icons in Diary Media screen are rendered in blue
- Diary: video playing does not quit
- Fertilisers: timing should be NULL by default
- Group names in picker list is not ordered by names
- Input Summary: Date is saved as Date & Time
- Input Summary: display plan in actual after Picker is closed
- Input Summary: right buttons in Chemicals section are not refreshed properly
- Linked products and reason pests are not deleted when deleting a recommendation
- Login and Quick Sync screens are not centred
- Map: cannot delete or reorder pin from layer menu “Select an item”
- Map: memory leak on polygon objects
- Map: selected paddocks duplicated when re-entering Map screen
- Map: The height of Command popover view keeps growing while navigating (Add layer for Paddock)
- MDB: last update time never shows
- Notes from a Mix do not appear on Spray Recommendations
- Observation: Date popover view is in wrong position after rotation
- Operation: Timing should be NULL by default
- Paddock picker: text layout is not correct if rotated with Set Paddock Area view
- PDF: Paddocks may lay over the right boundary and background not justified
- pUsage: PadLink is trimmed to Boolean
- Rotation: config popover view is not closed if back button is touched
- Selected File Sync: update is not pulled sometimes
- Set Paddock Area popover view is in wrong position after rotation
- Set Paddock Area view is not resized correctly after rotation
- Show File Status freezing App - not coming up with files, stuck on Fetching Client File List
- Show File Status is empty after a local trading name is deleted
- SRW: "Set Paddock Area" background window is scrollable
- SRW: "Set Paddock Area" pop up window is not visible sometimes
- SRW: Description is not refreshed on Target Paddocks screen (wizard style)
- SRW: memory leak in Application Constraints section
- SRW: navigation bar is locked after changing paddock area in picker
- SRW: Paddock area is 0 if selecting via Map
- SRW: some sections are not displayed initially
- SRW: Use Water Rate is not ON by default if Adjuvant is selected
- SRW: Withholding period fields are not refreshed
- Status picker is hard to read in iOS 7
- Text size of grid style drop down label is not refreshed after new selection is made
- The top-right corner button is gone with Slide-up picker closed unexpectedly
- Water Rate is still set as 30 after synced
- WHP's not saving when changed in recc
- Wrong date time format saved to client file
- Application Constrains don't populate after Plan/Actuals Mix is converted to Spray Recommendation
To update your App, simply sync all information to CornerPost then download the update direct from the AppStore (under the Updates icon). You're ready to go!
Our goal is to provide you with a superior solution! Click here to suggest an improvement or report a bug you have identified in one of our products.